Terms & Conditions
The Duke of York Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award CIC (known as iDEA) aims to support people from all backgrounds to develop digital, enterprise and employability skills. iDEA enables participants to win 'badges' which can be digital, online modules or events and experiences such as workshops or training sessions.
iDEA badges are awarded for digital and enterprise skills. Each badge carries a number of points which contribute to the iDEA Bronze Award, iDEA Silver Award or iDEA Gold Award.
Glossary of Terms
- "Badges": means individual iDEA badges that relate to a specific digital or enterprise skill – these can be online learning modules or events, workshops, experiences or evidence of participation in learning.
- "Badge Store": means the section on the iDEA platform which contains all the badges available on iDEA.
- "Completed Badges": means the section in the Badge Store which contains a visual acknowledgement of an individual's achievements showing all the badges they have won. This is the place where Participants can download, print or share their achievements.
- "Content": means any Content or material, whether of an audio or visual nature and including, but not limited to, words, pictures, music and lyrics, blogs, comments and stories, posted on, by or via the Website.
- "iDEA": means Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award CIC
- "iDEA Pioneer": means an institution which has been awarded iDEA Pioneer status to recognise its high levels of engagement with iDEA and shared values with iDEA.
- "Intellectual Property": means all intellectual property rights including, without limitation, patents, trademarks, registered designs, copyright, design rights, database rights, rights in and to confidential information and know- how, and any rights to apply for the same.
- "Organiser": means anyone who organisers cohorts of learners such as teachers, community leaders, tutors, group leaders, facilitators or team leaders.
- "Participant": means anyone who registers on the site to take part in iDEA badges.
- "Partner": means an organisation of any size that is partnering with iDEA in some way.
- "Record of Achievement': means the record in PDF format that iDEA creates for any learner who would like to download, print or share their achievements on the platform.
- "Verification Number": means the unique ID that is generated for you by iDEA and which Participants can give future employers or educational institutions so that they may verify the qualifications a Participant says they have gained on iDEA are correct. This validates and verifies a Participant's accomplishments.
- "Website": means the iDEA Website, including the badges and any related Website material or Websites.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as registration on the Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- iDEA is a subsidiary of The Prince Andrew Charitable Trust.
- You can register as a Participant.
- You can request for your account to be upgraded to 'Organiser' status if you organise cohorts of learners by using either the 'CONTACT US' button on the website or the 'ORGANISER CODE' button on the website.
- When you register on the site you will create a user ID, password and profile page.
- Registration details and information, including but not limited to your password and username must not be shared or disclosed to any other party.
- Once registered as a Participant you will be able to login to the site with your user ID and password to access your profile page to take badges and complete your awards.
- If you live in Germany, Hungary or the Netherlands and are under 16 years old, you may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms until you have your parent’s, guardian’s or carer's consent. After you have obtained consent, may you use the Services.
- If you are under 13 years old, you may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms until you have your parent’s, guardian’s or carer's consent. After you have obtained consent, you may use the Services.
- You are responsible for any Content which you create and/or post on the Website.
- You are responsible for making any backup copies of any material or Content which you create and / or post on the Website;
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be the acceptance of such changed Terms and Conditions.
- iDEA's Terms and Conditions are the rules governing how you participate including any comments, username, links, or images you submit.
- You must not submit any Content that:
- breaks any relevant local, national or international law or which incites or encourages others to break any such law;
- is racist, sexist or homophobic or otherwise discriminatory;
- is pornographic, obscene, profane, vulgar, or contains swearing (including words which use * or any other symbols instead of a letter to make the profanity less obvious);
- is defamatory of any person, entity or organisation;
- is persistently abusive, threatening, bullying, repeatedly a cause of nuisance or annoyance or otherwise illegal towards other Website users or our staff
- is otherwise offensive in our reasonable opinion;
- infringes the rights (including but not limited to the intellectual property rights) of any person or legal entity;
- relates to the conduct of a business;
- includes advertising, or is soliciting business;
- impersonates, or attempts to impersonate another person, whether or not that person is a user of this Website.
- infringes the privacy of an individual or company, including (but not limited to) posting location and/or contact details of another person;
- To help us moderate the Website, all Content must be in English only.
- Before posting Content which contains an image of another person(s); property owned by another person(s); and/ or reference to another person which might be used to identify them (either alone, or in combination with any other Content), you must get that person’s consent before you post it.
- Please inform iDEA of any Content that you feel is inappropriate or not in line with these rules via the 'CONTACT US' form. iDEA will then review the Content and decide whether or not to remove it within 60 hours.
- iDEA may review Content you submit to the Website to make sure it is suitable, relevant and in line with the above guidance.
- Continued breach of these Guidelines may result in the suspension of your access to the iDEA Website.
- iDEA reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any Participant or Organiser at any time, for any reason and report to the relevant authorities any inappropriate Content or activity
- iDEA accepts no responsibility for submissions that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- iDEA accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by Participants as a result of submitting Content to the Website.
- iDEA disclaims liability for any injury or damage to the Participant, Organiser or any other person's device relating to, or resulting from, participating in, or downloading, any materials in connection with iDEA.
- iDEA's decisions on all matters relating to iDEA will be final.
Intellectual Property rights - who owns the Content?
iDEA does not claim to own any Content Participants submit or make available via the Website. Participants continue to own all Intellectual Property rights and have the right to use this Content in any way you choose. However, by submitting or making available any Content, Participants agree to grant iDEA a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Content worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in Participants' Content.
- Views expressed by Participants and Organisers are theirs and unless specifically stated are not iDEA's. iDEA is not responsible for any Content posted by Participants or for Content on third party sites that are accessible through the Website. Any links to third party websites from the online pages do not amount to any endorsement of that site by iDEA and any use of that site by Participants and Organisers is at your own risk.
- If any one of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. iDEA, Participants and Organisers all submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- A copy of our Cookies Policy can be accessed here: Cookies Policy
Terms and Conditions Version 3. Updated May 20th, 2018 to be GDPR compliant.